Monday, December 2, 2013

Homemade Holiday

Here is a collection of handcrafted gifts, that are "A Drop of This" tested. 


Wooden tile art:
There are so many fun uses for these wooden tile art pieces. A few of my favorites are: A name plate for a child's bedroom or a festive saying like "noel" or "believe." 
I got my tiles and wooden trays from eBay. If you search, you can find good prices. I used this post by Sugar Bee Crafts to get started. {click here}







Mini Hand Warmers:
These are so dang cute and easy to make. I completed five sets in a leisurely hour. 
Using fabric that I already had, this is great project for getting ride of fabric scraps. For the inner material, I added long grain brown rice from my pantry. 
Here are the directions from Armommy, plus an adorable printable to include with them. {click here}




Product Bags:
I posted about these on Facebook last week. They were super simple, as you can pretty much cut them however you like. I used some old t-shirts that had holes in them. The directions say to use a child's t-shirt, but I used my own small t-shirt's and they worked great!
Directions to get started from Nancy's Couture. {click here}



No- Sew Upcycled Coffee Cozies:
I read about these awhile ago in a magazine, so when KB got holes in the bottom of his wool socks, I decided to upcycle them into cute gifts. After looking up the directions, I notice they were suppose to be made from a sweater...Oops! I found the upper part of socks worked fabulously! I made them fancy (of course!) with some crocheted pieces by Tonya at Created2Fly
Directions from one of my favorite crafty blogs, Sweet C's Designs. {click here}



Check back next Monday for more ideas! Happy Holiday gift making!