Monday, November 10, 2014

Anti-Aging Eye Cream

I'm not sure how I stumbled across this recipe for anti-aging eye cream but after reading the ingredients, I knew I had to try it. Sometimes I think, "holy cats how did I get all those wrinkles?!"

The recipe I am talking about comes from Simple Life Mom. In addition to shea butter, it calls for nine wonderful essential oils, plus sweet almond and apricot kernel oils. Over on her blog you can read great information about why each ingredient was chosen. So head over to her post HERE and grab the recipe.




Before starting, I was intimidated to try this recipe. I had never whipped shea butter or any carrier oils and usually skipped recipes that called for it. My first step was to purchase a used hand beater from the thrift store to dedicate to potion making. After I got the beater, I decided it was time to give the recipe a try.


Making the eye cream was beyond easy once I got started. After whipping the shea butter, I added the apricot kernel and sweet almond oils slowly. From there, I began to add the essential oils, skipping rose hip essential oil because I don't own that one. I whipped the mixture for just over one minute before pouring it into several small containers. The final product is about 3 ounces.


This anti-aging eye cream is very smooth and it feels lovely on the skin. Give it a try and let me know what you think. 

Linked up: Inspire Me Monday, Friday Finds, Friendship Friday, Simply Natural Saturdays, No Rules Weekend Blog Party