Monday, February 11, 2013

Adventure #1 of the Traveling Diffuser

Over Thanksgiving, we took our first trip to Hawaii and had the pleasure of traveling with  friends and their three year old daughter. She is the cutest thing in the world. I love her.


 View from our condo in Kona
Our first full day there, she got extremely sick (stomach flu like symptoms of unknown origin). Stuck in the condo, with trips to the ER, it was not good!


Personal note: It seems that I am a germ magnet. If someone has it, chances are I will get it too. Take shopping, for instance, is one of my favorite things. But touching things other people have touched means that I sometimes catch whatever they had. Yuck!


So…here we are in Paradise, with a sick child, for ten days. What to do, what to do??



Diffuser in Kona

Light bulb Moment!! My oils! I have started to travel with a set of oils and never leave home without them.


In this case, I had the amazing foresight to bring a diffuser. I actually bought this travel size one with this trip in mind. It came two days before we left. It’s pink (if you haven’t noticed yet, pink is my most favorite color).







I pulled out the diffuser and put in several drops of essential oil protective blend. Then, I let the cleansing properties do their magic with the air I was breathing. During the day, I put it in the main living room. At night, I put it next to our bed. On a really sick day, I put it next to our friends' bathroom and bedroom. 


I am happy to report that I didn't get sick. Not even a little bit. As an awesome bonus, neither did anyone else. (As for my little friend, she recovered enough to enjoy our last few days sickness free.)

Lea’s Life Lesson: Bring diffuser, have a protective blend always with me, and breathe.

{And this wonderful family welcomed a new addition just a few days go - Congrats to them! When's our next vacation?} 

This post has been updated to reflect new information I have learned - you may find things omitted that were previously there. In recipes, I have crossed out the old amount and added the new. 10/2013