Monday, September 9, 2013

Scents of the Season

Fall is my favorite season! 


Having said that, I'm not ready to give up summer just yet. We've still got a good two weeks left before the autumnal equinox. Officially that's September 22 at 4:44 pm per the Farmer's Almanac - since I was born at around 1:00 pm, I'm still a summer baby. To enjoy the last few weeks of summer and get you ready for fall, I wanted to share my favorite scents of the season.



Summer Scents:
lime
geranium
lemon
bergamot
grapefruit
lemongrass


Fall Scents:
orange
nutmeg
frankincense
cinnamon  
coriander
ginger
sandalwood
clove bud


A great way to incorporate these scents into your home is with a diffuser or drop a few drops into a plain wax candle right after it starts to melt. Want to take the scent with you? Wear it as a perfume - put it in a roller bottle with a carrier oil or put it in a small spray bottle with some witch hazel or plain water. 

What are your favorite scents for summer and fall?