Monday, February 17, 2014

Beating Winter Blues with Essential Oils

At least once during the year, I tend to suffer from what is known as the "winter blues". I grew up in western Oregon, where SAD (seasonal affective disorder: learn more HERE)  is fairly common. This winter, in Northern California, it has been sunny and spring-like more than it has been dreary and dismal. As a result, I have not experienced "the blues". I know that many friends are experiencing very wintery weather and may need a boost to beat their winter blues.




Aromatherapy can be a great way to combat the blues (seasonal or otherwise). By diffusing essential oils into the air, we are using the power of smell to affect mood. This is done by choosing uplifting, energizing scents...in this case citrus essential oils are the very common to use.

As I'm not yet confident in my ability to blend essential oils, I wanted to provide you with some legitimate blends from aromatherapists. 
Here are some web articles to check out that include essential oil blends for the bath and diffuser that can help get you to spring and sunnier days:



Please remember: None of these ideas are a substitute for medical attention. If you are depressed, please seek professional help.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK

Linked up with: Homestead Barn Hop