Monday, June 24, 2013

Summer = Outdoor Fun

Today's post is from ADoT's formerly behind-the-scenes gal, Krysta. We met years ago when we both lived in Utah, but we were just acquaintances. What brought us together was our love for EOs and needing someone to talk about them too - now we're great friends, even though we live states apart. 

Hello Friends,

Summer has arrived!  Are you as excited as I am?  Creating adventures is one of my most favorite things about summertime  --- picnics in the park, stand-up paddle boarding down the river, homemade s’mores, camping in the woods, . . . the list goes on.  What’s not to love about getting out and enjoying nature?  To kick-off the first “official” day of summer, I thought I’d make some homemade marshmallows for some delicious campfire s’mores. 

I “roughly” followed Alton Brown’s Homemade Marshmallow Recipe.  Why roughly, you ask?  Well, in my kitchen no recipe is complete without a few minor tweaks.  In this case, I added EO’s and natural flavoring to jazz up my s’more experience. 


My flavors of choice included:  Peppermint, Wild Orange and Manuka Honey.  The possibilities, however, are endless!


To help jump start your summertime adventure, enjoy the following links ...
· Going to summer camp? Why not get into the groove with these 10 Summer Camp Movies
· BBQ in a Box?, yes please!
· A delicious camp cobbler recipe.
· Going to do a bit of stand-up paddleboarding? (P.S. That’s my hubby in the photo!)
· A way to double up on s'more goodness in one day? Sign me up!
· To help get you into the groove, a summertime playlist

What plans do you have for summertime adventures?  Do tell!  Up on my list of things I must do . . . learn how to kiteboard.  Wish me luck!


Hugs & High Fives! 
Krysta