Monday, July 22, 2013

Eye Serum + a spill = Face Serum by accident

As you know, I have an awesome behind-the-scenes gal, Krysta. She even wrote a post the other day {click here}. She is always experimenting in the kitchen, making potions and delicious foods. We send each other fun packages every month or so and usually included is a creation of a new or improved potion. 

Last month, I got this delicious smelling eye serum from her. Since it's summer, it was in more of a liquid state than a solid state, but I keep forgetting about that, and it spilled...all over. I was NOT going to waste a homemade potion that might help with my wrinkles. I commenced to rub the spillage on my face. The next night, forgetting again, I did the same thing. I noticed my face was GLOWING (not like radioactive, but in healthy way). From that point forward, I started using it on my face every night and, guess what? The glow continues! I sent her a text to tell her and she's been doing the same thing! 


So here's Krysta's recipe for the eye serum turns glowing face serum:
1/4 c Coconut oil, melted
1 T Avocado oil
1 T Vitamin E
15-20 5 drops Lemon EO*
Mix together, store in a small container. Put it in the fridge to make it solid or use as liquid.

Krysta is one of those amazing kitchen people who doesn't have to measure or follow a recipe - I am not that type of person AT ALL. You may want to adjust the above measurements to suit your preferences. 

*Lemon essential oil is phototoxic, do not use on skin that will be exposed to sunlight in the next 24 hours. 

This post has been updated to reflect new information I have learned - you may find things omitted that were previously there. In recipes, I have crossed out the old amount and added the new. 12/2013