Monday, July 15, 2013

Good Night, Sleep Tight

Everyone needs sleep - at least 7 hours per night - but often we don't get that amount because we can't seem to fall asleep. Whether it's noises we hear outside, the inability to shut off our brains, or too much stimulation before bed, sometimes it just seems like sleep will never come.



I have had a lot of sleep filled nights with this potion. I took inspiration from a recipe by Valerie Worwood (check out my post about her book here), using what essential oils I had on hand. I added it to a roller bottle and have been sleeping well since.




Sleep Potion:
3 drops clary sage
2 drops vetiver
2 drops lavender
2 drops roman chamomile

Add 2 drops of this to a 1/6 oz (5mL) roller bottle, 
top with fractionated coconut oil. 
Roll/rub on body before bed. 

I hope this blend leads to peaceful sleeping for you, too. 

This post has been updated to reflect new information I have learned - you may find things omitted that were previously there. In recipes, I have crossed out the old amount and added the new. 10/2013