Monday, July 21, 2014

Movie Fundraiser for the Wildland Firefighter Foundation

I've mentioned before that I'm a wildland firefighter wife (read more HERE). I love to be involved in our community and support our wildland firefighters. I was fortunate enough to co-organize a special showing of Planes: Fire & Rescue to benefit the Wildland Firefighter Foundation. A support group I'm a member of, Spouses & Partners of Wildland Firefighters, is hosting these special showings in different cities across the country. Our event was yesterday and we had an amazing time. 




I hope y'all will go out and see this movie that shows the awesome work that our wildland firefighters do. If you feel like supporting those fallen and injured while fighting a wildland fire, consider donating to the Wildland Firefighter Foundation. You can do so by visiting their website HERE or text PLANESS (yup, two S's) to 41444 and follow the prompts on your phone. 

Here's some pictures of our awesome event. We're so thankful to our community for their support, it was an amazing turn out!






A big shout out to Chris Bunker - my co-organizer and Kathryn Osbourne and Chantelle for helping with out nation wide efforts!

Update: We raised over $1500 in donations! Thanks so much!

Linked up on NO Rules Weekend Blog Party