Monday, May 12, 2014

A New Look & An Introduction

If you've stopped by A Drop of This lately, you've probably noticed a new look. Over the past few months, I have been thinking about changing my online presence. I knew that I wanted a more streamlined, professional look for the blog. That's when I decided to stop looking around and put my creative mind to work and just try a few things. Several iterations later and I love the result! I hope you do, too. 

Here are a few highlights:
  • I added a Grab Button! I would love for you to snag one to add to your blog! A great place to put it might be on your "favorite blogs list" or "friends page". It's simple; just grab it on the right side bar to drop on your blog. Leave me a comment letting me know you posted it, I'd love to see it and check out your page. 
  • A new header with tabs! As you can see, I've added a few new tabs at the top.  I wanted to make my information more user-friendly, with tabs. First is the Contact Me Tab: I love mail! To make it easy for you to get in touch, just click on the tab. Second, is the All About Me Tab: I thought it was high time I introduce myself! Since I haven't done it before, I wanted to include it in this post, you can also find it in the tab up top.
  • Lastly, a new look and feel to the blog! I love the streamlined look in my signature color of pink. 
What do you think? I'd love to hear! Jump on over to my contact me tab and give me a shout!

Talk to you soon!

***************************************************

Hi, I'm Lea B. 


I'm so glad you found me. I started this little blog of mine in January 2013. I wanted share easy ways to use and do things that often appear very difficult or overwhelming. I am not sure who is learning more, you or me, but I'm glad we're doing it together! 

I know you're going to love the DIY beauty & body care recipes and essential oil information, like this and this. Not to mention book reviews and craft projects like here and here


20 Random Things About Me
1. My name is pronounced Leah.
2. I was born in Oregon and consider myself a PNW girl.
3. Having spent over a decade in the high desert, I also consider myself a desert rat. 
4. I hate talking on the phone. 
5. I read...a lot.
6. My husband and I both have naturally curly hair (his red, mine blonde). 
7. My favorite fiction book is Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice
8. I love baseball, particularly the Atlanta Braves (thanks to TBS being the main channel we got when I was growing up).
9. I'm 5' 2.5" and, yes, the .5" matters!
10. I drink chai tea with a splash of milk every morning. 
11. My favorite nonfiction book is Edward Abbey's Desert Solitaire. 
12. My "children" all have four legs and are furry. 
13. I love romance. 
14. My collections include frogs, lady bugs and teapots. 
15. My favorite color is pink. 
16. I watch a lot of football - for a happy marriage.
17. In the last 17 years, I have moved 21 times. 
18. My parents still live in the same house I grew up in.
19. When I asked my husband how to describe me, he said: witty, intelligent, beautiful and makes great crafts. 
20. I believe in happily ever after.



Contact Me
I love getting emails, blog comments, Facebook messages and Tweets. If you want to get in touch, here's how:
lea@adropofthis.com, Facebook or Twitter

Linked up with: No Rules Weekend Blog Party