Monday, January 26, 2015

Staying Warm - Two DIY ideas

Is it cold where you are? Where I'm at it is warm during the day but in the morning when I walk my dog is COLD!

Here are a few projects that should help warm you up:




Warming Jojoba Essential Oil Blend
This recipe comes from Aromahead, HERE
In a 1 oz bottle, add:
About 1 oz jojoba - leave room to add your essential oils 
3 drops black pepper essential oil
3 drops cardamom essential oil
5 drops orange essential oil
3 drops lavender essential oil
Shake to combine. 

Adorable DIY Hand Warmers
Back in December 2013, I made several sets of these hand warmers. They are so cute, fun and very simple to make! Take scrap fabric, cut out squares using your pinking shears, sew three sides, fill with rice and finish sewing. Microwave for about 20 seconds before popping them into your pocket. You can check out my original post HERE; this idea came from Rae Ann Kelly.